GI ASCO needs approximately £55,000 a year to cover its day to day running costs. This is remarkable “value for money” if you think that a similar project in the UK would probably cost much much more.
So far we have been able to send out the money needed, but only about 50% of the monthly running costs are covered by regular giving, and additionally we have to cover the rents for the 3 centres every 6 months and school fees/expenses for the children we’re supporting three times a year. This means we are highly dependent on one off donations and fundraising events. Consequently, the project has to count every shilling and there is little room for extras or unforeseen expenses, such as medical emergencies.
We really need to increase the regular sponsorship income to cover the regular monthly outgoings and a large part of the rents and school fees!
GI ASCO receives no funding from the Ugandan government and relies solely on monthly sponsorship and one-off donations.
BECOME A SPONSOR – if you would like to become a sponsor and set up a regular standing order, please email us on email@example.com
ORGANISE A FUNDRAISING EVENT
If you would like to get involved in fundraising for GI ASCO, or if you are organising a fundraising event and would like support, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, where we will be glad to assist in any way we can. We have some posters and other resources we can send by pdf.
A good way to collect sponsorship money etc is to set up a fundraising page on Virgin Money Giving. Remember that collecting in sponsorship monies can be harder than doing the sponsored event itself!
Organise exciting events to raise money and enjoy the fun of fundraising!
Examples of possible fundraising events include:-
- Challenges: run in a 5k or a marathon, hike, cycle, swim, skydive!
- Fundraise at work: raffle or lucky dip, bake sale, swear box
- Weekend events: talent show, pie eating contest, football or golf tournament, scavenger hunt, special seasonal
- Holiday events, cash in the attic
- Evening events: quiz night, bingo, wine tasting, fancy dress party, organise an auction dinner
Invite your colleagues, family, friends and neighbours to participate, and remember every penny counts!
MAKE A DONATION
- you can make a donation online using your internet banking to the following account with Unity Trust Bank – account number 20249456, sort code 60 83 01, account name GI Trust ASCO. Making a donation this way is the most efficient as it means we don’t pay any bank charges!
- Donate by text from your mobile phone. All you have to do is text 70070 with ASCO11 followed by the amount you wish to give (up to £10). So if you wish to donate £5, text ASCO11 £5 to 70070. We can provide business card size cards with the details, so let us know if you would like some.
- make a one off donation or a regular donation (monthly, quarterly or annual) online in British pounds, using Virgin Money Giving
- make a donation online in US dollars, using PayPal
- make a donation online in Canadian dollars using PayPal
If you prefer, you can send a cheque made out to “GI Trust ASCO” to 53 Stoke Lane, Westbury on Trym, Bristol BS9 3DW.
To read about why people have been inspired to give money to help GI ASCO, click here.
If you are a UK tax payer, please remember to Gift Aid your donation. Using Gift Aid means that for every £1 you give, GI Trust can claim an extra 25p, at no cost to you! So, for every £100 you give to GI Trust we will be able to reclaim a further £25 from HMRC – more about gift aid. To download a Gift Aid declaration, click here.
If you would like a copy of the latest GI ASCO newsletter, contact us at email@example.com